Free spins campaigns are some of the oldest bonuses on online casinos, and they data back over 15 years.
So what are free spins? Well, obviously, they are spins on slot machines that you don’t pay for, ie they are free.
What many don’t know, is that free spins comes in many different shapes and forms, and depending on what type you choose your chance of actually getting some money out of this free deal varies a lot.
We’ll start to list the different variants existing on casinos today, and what’s good and bad about them.
1. Free spins without deposit (but with wagering requirements)
This bonus type used to be really common but nowadays it’s a little bit more rare to find.
If this is a bonus you should claim depends 100% on how high the wagering requirement is. For no deposit bonuses, I would say don’t claim anything with over 50x in wagering. It’s just not worth it, as you will probably not be able to wager your winnings over 50 times anyways.
Just to clarify, it is possible, so if you want to take a chance, please do. It’s still free, so you will not lose anything but the time spend trying to wager the bonus money.
2. Free spins on deposit (with wagering requirements attached)
These spins are just like the ones above, but you have to deposit to get them as a bonus on top of your deposit.
As you still pay for these spins, they are not entirely free. This is not always a bad thing. As the casino has a lower risk with this type of offer, they will give you a lower wagering requirement.
For deposit spins, around 20 is a standard play through requirement.
3. Free spins without wagering requirements
These spins are what you really want. Any winnings from these bad boys will be available to withdraw to your chosen banking option instantly.
We don’t know of any casino that offers no deposit free spins without wagering requirements as it’s a huge risk for a gambling site to take.
However, multiple casinos world-wide offer free spins without any wagering on deposit.
Things to consider when choosing free spins
All offers we listed above can be great, but number 1 and 2 can also be a total waste of time if the terms & conditions of the promotion is unfair.
Therefore we have added a few things to consider below:
- Don’t choose promotions with really high wagering requirements.
- Many free spins campaigns have max win limits. If you are fine with this please go ahead and play. If you’re not okay with this, choose another offer instead. There are plenty of good casinos that don’t have max win limits.
- Some casinos not on Gamestop limit the spins to certain games. It’s not a bad thing, but it’s important to consider this.
- The spin value is based on what slot machine they are on. To see the value, set the slot machine to all bet lines activated and the minimum bet per line (usually £/$/€0.01) and then you see value of 1 spin.